Query apps crash when setting context to root
jsrb01
2006-04-15 15:04:51 UTC
My apps (excel and crystal) crash when running a report if I set the
context to the root of my tree. If I change the context to a specific
partition in my tree it works fine.

For MS Excel it's:
AppName: msqry32.exe AppVer: 10.0.2607.0 ModName: odbcnds.dll
ModVer: 2.11.0.6 Offset: 00070546

Crystal shows a similar crash in odbcnds.dll.

Any suggestions or updates I should try?
Susan Perrin
2006-04-17 20:42:54 UTC
Hi

It's a limitation of the control that it will only search subtree, you can't
tell it to stop at a certain depth level in the tree. So if starting from
the top causes problems, but starting at the branch does not, I'm assuming
that it's a memory problem. If on the other hand, targeting a specific
branch causes the same problem, I'd want to know more about your tree to try
to reproduce.

There had been a problem with timeouts being handled incorrectly in a wan
environment when the ds query on the back end was taking too long to
complete, however this was corrected to give an error rather than gpf. If
you're using the latest client libraries (491 sp2 for xp for example) and
the latest odbc driver from developer.novell.com/ndk/odbc.htm then you have
all the updates available.

Thank you
Susan
JimLawson
2006-09-05 17:11:12 UTC
I get this exact crash with Excel when seaching from the root or the "o="
object. The only version of the ODBC connector that doesn't crash for me
is one from June 2001. I haven't been able to narrow it down to a specific
container or object.
Susan Perrin
2006-09-13 18:39:53 UTC
Hi

In that case, as per the doc, set up separate dsns for the branches that
query sucessfully, and perform separate queries using each dsn.

Thank you
Susan